Thursday, October 31, 2013

Anxiety and Panic Attacks



Something that very few people know about me is that I suffer with severe anxiety and have to live with weekly and sometimes daily panic attacks.

This is something I have had problems with my whole life with varying degrees of difficulty. I can remember being seven years old and dealing with it and now I'm 18 and it's becoming much too difficult to be something that I just "deal" with. 

I have had to deal with multiple "types" of anxiety. A lot of it boils down to not always being able to be in control of everything all of the time. I constantly have this feeling of worry in the pit of my stomach and it builds up to massive amounts of panic until I have a panic attack.

Panic attacks can be different for everyone. Personally when I get them my chest starts to hurt until I feel like I'm breathing harder and harder but can't get enough air in. I get shaky and my stomach starts to hurt. I will feel like I have to be up and moving but I can't actually get anything done because I can't focus on anything except the panic attack.

It may not sound that bad but a panic attack is physically and mentally exhausting. I would rather run a 5k without stopping than have a panic attack. It's so tiring and embarrassing.

Lately my panic and anxiety has gotten so bad that it's starting to run my life. Before doing anything I always consider my anxiety.
Will this make me feel more anxious than I already am? Will I have a panic attack? What if something happens whilst I'm out? I guess I just won't go.

That's how things have been as of late. Hopefully I will soon learn ways of coping/dealing with this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs